May 20, 2011

What's hitting home so far

I just thought I'd share a little as to what's been hitting home for me in the book thus far. I've been reading it for about 2 days, and have been writing down quotes and scripture in my journal for daily encouragement. Hopefully they will encourage others too:

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it"
Hebrews 12:11

"That internal argument is familiar to most of us, but do most of us recognize what it is? It's our flesh and our spirit fighting to lead. Our flesh is ruled by passion and desire, but out spirit is led by wisdom and truth." Reshaping it ALL

"So I say, live by the spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature."
Galatians 5:16

"Self-discipline doesn't know when it's Monday; it calls us to step up today." Reshaping it ALL

"Dying to one's self is an act of worship. Each time our body yields to the spirit, we reflect the passion of Christ in our life - a passion that's worth fighting for." Reshaping it ALL

I'll have to remember to make note of page numbers from here on in.

Blessings.

No comments: