May 25, 2011

The kicker

I am an introvert. If you know me well enough, after hearing this you'd probably think: 'umm...no you aren't.' Really, I am. All the tests I've done say so, and so do I. Once I know people, I tend to open up, but getting out there to meet people and start conversations, not easy!

In my attempts to Reshape it ALL in my life, I've decided that I need to meet new people. I've been living in my town for 9 months and only know my small group of friends, and those I work with. But like I said, I'm an introvert.

Over the weekend I read about a female kick boxing place here in town. Conveniently, it is right down the street from my house! I decided then that I wanted to go - and the first class is free! So today I went. The hour leading up to leaving was tough. Satan then started to play his games, using my own insecurities, my mind told me every reason not to go - I wouldn't do well, I wouldn't meet people, there is no way I would succeed, I can't lose weight, feel good about myself or generally feel better. Thankfully, I was able to push past that and went to the class.

It was awesome! The cardio at the beginning and the ab workout at the end definitely kicked my butt, but I really enjoyed the kick boxing part. I've also made the decision that for now I will buy a 1 month pass and go from there. The people were nice and the class was good, and will challenge me. I'm looking forward to it!

Blessings.

No comments: