January 23, 2009

Love

My Jesus, I love Thee
I know Thou art mine.
For Thee all the pleasure
of sin I resign.
My gracious Redeemer,
my Saviour art Thou.
If ever I loved Thee,
my Jesus 'tis now.

I love Thee because
Thou hast first Loved me.
And purchased my pardon
on Calvary's tree.
I love Thee for wearing
the thorns on Thy brow
if every I love Thee,
my Jesus 'tis now.

I'll love Thee in life
I will love Thee in death
And praise Thee as long
as Thou lendest me breath.
And say when the death dew
lies cold on my brow,
if ever I loved Thee,
my Jesus 'tis now.

In mansions of glory
and endless delight,
I'll ever adore Thee
and dwell in Thy sight.
I'll sing with the glittering
crown on my brow,
if ever I loved Thee,
My Jesus 'tis now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"For Thee all the pleasure
of sin I resign."

This is the part I wish to master in life.