January 23, 2009

God of this city

God has been showing me a lot these days,
even if I haven't been faithful in going to Him.
What a great God!

I take the train/bus to and from work daily.
Its not usually too bad, and gives me time to think and pray.
Seems as though Holy Spirit always shows up at these times
and makes me all emotional and weepy!! However, God has been
revealing much to me through it all, so I am not complaining.

When I'm on the bus I almost always have my ipod on.
Its not necessarily to avoid contact with people, but tends to be more to avoid discerning what is happening in each and every person's life!! That can be so very overwhelming and messes me up for my work day. I figure that if God really wants me to focus and pray for someone specifically on the bus, He'll put that extra pressure on me (its happened!), so I stay alert, but still avoid most discerning feelings. But I digress...

One trip last week had me listening to 'God of this City' by Chris Tomlin.
Its such a prayer for Vancouver (and your city/town!).
I listened to it and prayed for the downtown (that's what the train was passing).
My ipod was on shuffle, so a few other songs played.
As I hit another area of the city, the same CT song started to play!
I smiled to myself and prayed for that area of the city.
Then as we hit the area of my work, the song played again.
This time I chuckled, knowing that God was really wanting to press me to pray for Vancouver more often...so I did and am.

Are you praying for your city?
Do it!

Blessings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not as much as I should. Thanks for the reminder. I'll pass it on to people at my church (and not let it pass me by without action).

Victory of the People said...

ya, that song totally spurs my to pray for the city

and even more
it give me hope