December 20, 2008

heavy

For a while there I was blogging pretty regularly. That's a new thing for me!
Lately I've wanted to write, but my words haven't been encouraging, or uplifting, or even happy.
I had even thought at on point earlier in the week to post the words to the song "don't worry, be happy!"

I'm not currently worrying about life, but life seems to be weighing me down lately (see, not very uplifting!). Its more of a spiritual weighing down than anything else - that's what I am sure of as I type.

And now, my mind is blank as to what should be said...so I guess nothing should be said.

blessings.

2 comments:

kathryn said...

love your honesty and your heart, Dee. . xoxo

Anonymous said...

I surely know the feeling very, very, very well. The power of darkness would have us children of Light live a defeated and discouraged life. I promise you it will not prevail. You have the power of the Almighty on your side. Therefore who can stand against you?

Our little body of believers down here has recognized this latest attack on us and called it out... and I've seen and heard of this discouragement as more widespread than just us... perhaps across the world even now. I sense something is going on. Some sort of testing or sifting.

Fear not, your Father is good. He will not allow you to endure more than you can handle with the immense strength He has given you.

Be of good cheer, sister! Trust me, I know: it's often easier said than done!

Take comfort that, if you are struggling, it is a sign you are on the side of the Light. I don't think the enemy attacks those who have already succumbed to his strategies nearly as much. As long as you resist and hold the banner high that is a beacon of hope, the magnificent name of Jesus Christ in your heart, you will be opposed by the darkness of this age. Yet the King of whose banner you hold high is mighty in battle. He will strengthen your weary arms by giving you a person on your left and on your right to hold you up - like Moses needed the strength of others to win the battle against the Amalekites. You are far from alone!

God bless and Merry Christmas.