December 2, 2008


Christmastime is upon us!!
Its hard to believe that its December 1st already.
Where did this year go?

So much has happened in my life in 2008 - but I guess those thoughts should probably wait for a New Year post.

Christmas is always a busy time when you're involved in The Salvation Army. This year looks like its not going to be any different.



On another note, it has been a pretty intense week. One of those weeks where so many things happen and so many thoughts come to mind - yet when I come to post, I am wordless.

A dear friend of mine lost her mother this week. I am mourning along side of her. I am remembering when my own father died, and how hard it is to be on that side of the condolences.
Death is never easy.

I was hanging out with the students this morning and while we were praying the Bible, we prayed Psalm 121 for our sister. I'll leave you with it:

"I look up to the mountains—
does my help come from there?
My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth!

He will not let you stumble;
the one who watches over you will not slumber.
Indeed, he who watches over Israel
never slumbers or sleeps.

The Lord himself watches over you!
The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
The sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon at night.

The Lord keeps you from all harm
and watches over your life.
The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go,
both now and forever."

blessings.


3 comments:

nbalike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nbalike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kathryn said...

beautiful Christmasy hearth, Dee! I know what you mean. . so many things can happen and yet it can sometimes be hard to find the words. xo